Edited by Elspeth Tilley.
Book reviews edited by Richard Varey.
Welcome to our general issue for 2009. There was also a special guest-edited issue published in 2009, on global public relations (click here), but as the steady stream of quality submissions on public relations topics of interest exceeded the parameters of just the special issue topic, we've continued to publish our regular omnibus issue as well.
Below you will find a diverse range of refereed articles, covering everything from educational issues to new media to research methods and theory-building. Please read, enjoy, and contribute to the debate and to the development of the discipline with your own articles or discussion pieces. Click here for submission guidelines.
Brunner, B.R. & Brown, M. H. (2009). Using public relations to address diversity issues on campus: A case study in goals, image and relationships. PRism 6(1): http://www.prismjournal.org/fileadmin/Praxis/Files/Journal_Files/Brunner_Brown.pdf
Galloway, C. & Weaver, D. (2009). Collaborative curriculum development in public relations: Applying Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT). PRism 6(1):http://www.prismjournal.org/fileadmin/Praxis/Files/Journal_Files/Galloway_Weaver.pdf
Hickerson, C.A., & Thompson, S. R. (2009). Dialogue through wikis: A pilot exploration of dialogic public relations and wiki websites. PRism 6(1): http://www.prismjournal.org/fileadmin/Praxis/Files/Journal_Files/Hickerson_Thompson.pdf
Jaques, T. (2009). The case for case studies: Optimising the use of communication cases. PRism 6(1): http://www.prismjournal.org/fileadmin/Praxis/Files/Journal_Files/Jacques.pdf
Jones, K. & Bartlett, J. L. (2009). The strategic value of corporate social responsibility: A relationship management framework for public relations practice. PRism 6(1): http://www.prismjournal.org/fileadmin/Praxis/Files/Journal_Files/Jones_Bartlett.pdf
Robinson, J.A. & Waters, R.D. (2009). Teaching blog management: Preparing professors for the opportunities and challenges of teaching Web 2.0 in the classroom. PRism 6(1): http://www.prismjournal.org/fileadmin/Praxis/Journal_Files/Robinson_Waters.pdf
Yilmaz, B. S. & Gunel, O. D. (2009). Probable applications of complex networks in public relations practices: A scenario-based approach. PRism 6(1):http://www.prismjournal.org/fileadmin/Praxis/Files/Journal_Files/Yilmaz_Gunel.pdf
- Pearson, C. M., Roux-Dufort, C., & Clair, J. A. (Eds.) (2007). International handbook of organizational crisis management. Thousand Oaks: Sage. Reviewed by: Tony Jaques
- Johnston, J., & Zawawi, C. (2009). Public Relations: Theory and Practice (3rd edition). Sydney: Allen & Unwin. Reviewed by: John Cokley
- Spoiled for choice: A comparative review.Johnston & Zawawi versus Chia & Synnott. Reviewed by: Donald Alexander
- Sheehan, M. & Xavier, R. (Eds.) (2009). Public relations campaigns. Melbourne: Oxford University Press. Reviewed by: Damian J. Gleeson
- van Ruler, B., Vercic Tkalac, A., & Vercic, D. (2008). Public relations metrics: Research and evaluation. London: Routledge. Reviewed by: Kane Hopkins
Wodak, R., & Krzyzanowski, M. (2008). Qualitative discourse analysis in the social sciences. New York: Palgrave Macmillan. Reviewed by Thomas Owen.
Would you like to contribute a book review, conference report, or academic or commentary article? We welcome your input, including your feedback on items in this issue. Please see the ongoing call for papers page for guidelines for reviews and articles.
Back to PRism home